SPA922 not registering again on proxy failure using DNS SRV

Unanswered Question
Aug 7th, 2009

Hi All,

We'd like to use the DNS SRV records feature and the device is not behaving as we would have expected. The configuration we've used includes 'Register' option set to 'yes' and 'Make Call Without Reg' option set to 'no'.

The phone registers to a given SIP proxy (it has several options through DNS SRV records). Whenever this proxy fails (it's no longer available), the device doesn't try to register with a different proxy.

If we try a call from the phone, it successfully contacts one of the others proxies offered in the DNS SRV records.

Also, we can see the NAT keepalive messages (we're using $NOTIFY in our configuration) going to a working sip proxy. But we can't see the REGISTER message when the proxy fails even though the device seems to realize about the proxy failure.

Should the phone, after detecting the proxy failure, attempt to register with the new available proxy server?

Phone: SPA-922

Sw Ver: 5.2.5(0110e)

Hw Ver: 1.0.2(6776)

We saw the same results with last sw version: 6.1.5a

Thanks in advance,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
William Childs Thu, 08/20/2009 - 05:27

I think I understand your question, but some things I'm not sure about are, Where are these SRV records hosted (local or remote), do they all have the same priority, and on your info tab does it show registration failed with a count down timer to re-registration? If it does what is the proxy redundancy method set to? Try setting it to Based on SRV port from the default setting of normal. I would also modify the Proxy fallback intvl to a lower time if 3600 seconds is too long.

Good luck,

PS-- this may help

This Discussion

Related Content