cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MLPPP goes down when Multllink is added or turned up.

JoshFoshee
Level 1
Level 1

We have a serial interface in a 7609 with firmware c7600s72033-adventerprisek9-mz.122-33.SRB5.bin that we are having a problem with a interface in a multilink. We can get the interface to come up with PPP no problem. But when we add multilink to the interface of a multilink that is up it will take the protocol down. When we shut down the multilink interface the serial will come back up but when we turn the multlink interface back up it will take the serial protocol down. This is the debug output but I can't find anything on it.

115896: Aug 7 10:59:54.125 CST: Se7/1/0/13:0 MLP: Request add link to bundle

115897: Aug 7 10:59:54.125 CST: Se7/1/0/13:0 MLP: Adding link to bundle

115898: Aug 7 10:59:54.125 CST: Se7/1/0/13:0 MLP: Bundle PVI in different multilink group

115899: Aug 7 10:59:54.125 CST: Se7/1/0/13:0 MLP: Link not added to bundle all

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't think this will work without two or more interfaces. Let me test and I'll get back with you.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should check with your provider to make sure they provisioned your circuit for multilink. It has to be configured on their side as well.

Also, I noticed this line:

115898: Aug 7 10:59:54.125 CST: Se7/1/0/13:0 MLP: Bundle PVI in different multilink group

Are you adding to the right multilink group?

HTH,

John

Yes this is the only interface in the multlink. It is configured as multilink on either end as I have access to both devices.

Why are you doing multilink if you only have one interface in the group?

Well there is two serials we are going to put in the multilink but we can't get them to come up so for right now the other serial is for access to the far end device.

JoshFoshee
Level 1
Level 1

Basically I am trying to find out what bundle PVI in different multilink group is coming up for.

Can you post the multilink interface section, and the serial interface sections that you're trying to add to the bundle?

Sure

interface Serial7/1/0/13:0

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

no fair-queue

ppp multilink

multilink-group 130

end

interface Multilink130

ip address 10.45.x.xx 255.255.255.252

ppp multilink

multilink-group 130

service-policy output voip-trust

end

xxxxxxx#show ppp multilink interface multilink 130

Multilink130 (inactive)

Member links: 1

Se7/1/0/13:0 (inactive)

Let me know if you can think of anything else.

I don't think this will work without two or more interfaces. Let me test and I'll get back with you.

HTH,

John

I have tested this before with just one and it works just fine.

JoshFoshee
Level 1
Level 1

We found the solution. What happened was there was to CE or far end routers that had the same router name. That is why it said bundle PVI in different multilink group as we had to CE (Far end) routers with the same hostname (PVI).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: