cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM And CSA

shahkamrah
Level 1
Level 1

I completed the installation of CSM 3.1 today and found that CSA got installed along with it.I just want to know the following things,

Customer has got the 25 server license for CSA, How can i use it. Will the same CSM sever acts as the CSA-MC or should i uninstall it and install it separately on the separate server.

How should I got about it, As i an very new to this software..

Thanks and Regards,

Kamran Shah

3 Replies 3

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

CSM and CSA are two completely different things. Yes you can have both to work on the same server, however, per the release notes it has not be through QA / Testing, that means we do not encourage this deployment.

However both can coexist and it does work.

Thanks,

I understand these are two different thing,

I wanted to know does CSA client gets automatically installed while installing CSM.. And if yes then where can in use the 25 server license which customer has got. There is no separate DVD for CSA-MC

Regards,

Kamran

Yes there is a standalone CSA agent that gets installed during the CSM install.

What you describe is the CSA-MC. For that it's a different software you need: the CSA-MC, you can download this from:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Model.x?mdfid=282047708&mdfLevel=Software%20Version/Option&treeName=Cisco%20Security%20Agent&modelName=Cisco%20Security%20Agent%20Version%206.0&treeMdfId=278065206

Once you install the CSA-MC, you can go on the webpage of this server and download the CSA client for the clients.