VLANs on WRV200?

Unanswered Question
Aug 8th, 2009

Hello all,

VLAN separation on WRV200 is really weird or non functional or...

If I configure two SSIDs and map them to different VLANs on different eth.ports how it is possible that I can see traffic from each other?

And how it is possible that I can obtain DHCP address from WRV200 itself on ports and SSIDs not in VLAN1 (which should be default, right?)

Is there any way to "split" WRV200 in two separate devices - one for public access and second one for company access?

I do not want that traffic to be mixed...

BR,

Miodrag

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Hornstein Tue, 08/11/2009 - 07:03

Hi Miodrag,

The segmentation on the WRV200 was based on Port Based VLANs, and not VLAN trunking as you would see withthe RVS4000 or WRVS4400N.

Yep there is only one DHCP server scope on the WRV200 given out by the WRV200 (now replaced by the WRV210) to all VLANs.

But i had through from my experience in the past, that users in one VLAN could not communicate with users in another VLAN, Almost as if there was MAC filtering in place between VLANs.

I will check with the Cisco Small Business Router  Product Manager in Irvine California to verify operation. My WRV210 is out on loan and i can't validate your findings.

regards Dave

David Carr Tue, 08/11/2009 - 07:12

I set this up in our lab and I was able to get this to work.  I setup two ssids, two different vlans and had the vlans enabled.  Once I had that setup I had three devices setup one wireless and two hardwired.  Ip addresses 192.168.1.100, 101, 102.  I was unable to ping between the devices using their ip addresses when the vlans are enabled and assigned to the ports.  However when I disabled the vlans I was able to ping all the devices.  I am running the latest firmware on the wrv200, which is the 1.0.39.  Let me know if I can assist you in any way with this.  First make sure the firmware is up to date, then enable the vlans and assign them to the ports and everything should work.  Thank You.

Actions

This Discussion