Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 3102 caller ID not working

EdGarritsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting CID to work with my SPA 3102. I'm using SIP to call out (Voipbuster) and using the PSTN line to receive calls. When I switch off the SPA 3102, CID works fine on my incoming calls. I think I've tried every setting I think off (visited many forums):PSTN Ring Thru Delay, Caller ID Method, PSTN CID For VoIP CID = Yes, went back to the factory default, installed the lastest firmware 5.1.10, etc. In the info tab everytime the Last PSTN caller only shows a , .

I've captured some logging information of an incomming PSTN call, see attachment.

Any ideas on how I can get CID to work, thanks.

Edwin

Netherlands

26 Replies 26

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Edwin,

Does caller id ever work? Does caller id work after a power reset?

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your response.

- Caller ID works with VOIP calls

- Caller ID works when SPA is switched off (PSTN calls)

- Caller ID has never worked with PSTN calls through SPA

I performed a power reset (unplugged the power from the SPA for a couple of minutes) but no caller ID.

The strange thing is that I can see all 10 digits of the caller ID in the spa log, displayed as:

FXO:Digit=0
FXO:Digit=6
FXO:Digit=2
FXO:Digit=9
FXO:Digit=8
FXO:Digit=1
FXO:Digit=7
FXO:Digit=3
FXO:Digit=2
FXO:Digit=1

(I replaced some digits of the actual caller ID)

Regards,

Edwin Garritsen.

Hi Edwin,

I've checked with product management and updated the other SPA3102 thread at https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/14639#14639

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply.

The problem you are referring to is where the CID is displayed in the beginning and disappears after a few calls. In my case the CID is never displayed on PSTN calls through the SPA3102. Are you sure that the fix the development team is working on is going to fix my problem?

Regards,

Edwin.

Hi Edwin,

Good catch, I'm not sure.

Please send me your SPA3102's config to me at paborn at Cisco.com and I'll take a look at it:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-5101

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick,

I just sent you an e-mail with the configuration information.

Regards,

Edwin.

Thanks Edwin, I am in receipt of it.

I'll get back to you.

Regards,

Patrick

---------

Hi Edwin,

Please try the following in order to configure your SPA3102 for Netherlands caller ID:

Voice tab > Regional tab > Miscellaneous >

1. Caller ID Method: ETSI DTMF
  2. Caller ID: [try bell 202]

cap-797.jpg

Voice tab > PSTN Line > International Control >

1. FXO Port Impedance: 270+(750||150nF)
  2. On-Hook Speed: 3 ms(ETSI)
  3. Current Limiting: yes

cap-796.jpg

Please let me know of your progress.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately the new settings did not change anything, still no caller ID. The only thing that's different is that before changing these settings the phone displayed "Unknown" as the caller ID and now it displays some strange characters. When I only change the Caller ID method back to ETSI DTMF With PR it shows "Unknown" again in the display.

I have tried another telephone and replaced all telephone cables but that did not help, same result.

I have sent a copy of the log captured during the call with these new settings to your cisco email address.

Regards,

Edwin

Hi Edwin,

Can you please remove the SPA3102 from the line and connect an analog phone capable of receiving CID?

Make a call to the line connected to the analog phone and verify that CID is displayed appropriately.

I know that you mentioned in your first post that this previously worked, but I've previously experienced CID services being halted by the PSTN in the middle of a long CID configuration period.  :-)

While you're verifying that you have CID service, I'll check with my colleagues for some inspiration.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

I removed the SPA3102 from the line, connecting the phone directly to the PSTN line, the Caller ID is now displayed when a make a call to the PSTN lijn. The CID service form the telco is OK.

If you need more information please let me know.

Regards,

Edwin.

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for confirming that CID is still working without the SPA3102.

I'm still trying to find a solution for you.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Edwin & Community,

Per product management, I've assigned both your CID and the CID issue defined at https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/12637#12637 to CDETS# CSCtb67946

Engineering will now schedule a fix for this.

Next steps [very loosely described by me]:

1. Engineering management assigns task to Engineer

2. After analysis, a schedule is defined

3. Test code is produced

4. Code is tested by customer/s to verify fix

5. Code is tested, including regression testing

6. Schedule for general availability is defined

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick,

Thanks. Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Edwin.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: