Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 for pbx connectivity in VoIP migration

rdianat
Level 1
Level 1

Scenario:

I have Nortel Meridian One Option 11c in Head quarters. In remote site, phones communicate to PBX through a T1 connectivity between remote site and HQ.

I want to migrate to VoIP. Can I simply use the T1 as a data T1 and connect it to csu/dsu interface card at both HQ and remote site and send IP without any changes in Telco who provides this T1?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, with two voice-equipped ISR routers you can do that.

Recommend you located a reputable/voice certified cisco partner for the jor, or you risk being taken for a long and expensive ride.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, with two voice-equipped ISR routers you can do that.

Recommend you located a reputable/voice certified cisco partner for the jor, or you risk being taken for a long and expensive ride.

Thanks for your reply bevilacqua. It makes sense. Have you done this before? Was there any known issue which you ran into? why the mention of "long and expensive ride"? Is there any tricky part or problem I should be aware of?

Thanks,

I mean, it's a job that requires specific experience. If you try yourself or give to someone that never did it before, you risk frustration, mistakes, and unhappy customer.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: