cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 9000 with 7975g

sdlopez83
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to pu the spa 9000 behind the 7975g phone.  I have a sllm224 switch and a dlink router.    Do I have to have call manager and if so what hardware should I swap.  I just started a very small business but plan to grow only have 2 phones atm.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The 7900 Series phones do not work with the SPA9000 IP PBX, unless they are in SIP mode. However, there are more affordable models of SPA phones. More information on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10033/prod_models_home.html

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

View solution in original post

I have read up on the subject, and it appears that we don't support the 7975g in SIP mode without CUCME or CUCM.  It is not supported with 3rd party SIP call control even when the 7975g phone is running a SIP load.  Currently, the only phones supported in SIP mode with 3rd party call control are the 7940 and 7960 phones.

I am not saying that this won't work, but this might be a very difficult and undocumented process.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

The 7900 Series phones do not work with the SPA9000 IP PBX, unless they are in SIP mode. However, there are more affordable models of SPA phones. More information on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10033/prod_models_home.html

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Thanks Marco.   I already purchased the phones.  How can set the phones as sip mode?

Here is all the related documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2156/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Please notice that the SIP load on the 7900 is something that we do not support in these forums. If you have issues, you may want to try TAC or Netpro.

Thanks,

Marcos

I have read up on the subject, and it appears that we don't support the 7975g in SIP mode without CUCME or CUCM.  It is not supported with 3rd party SIP call control even when the 7975g phone is running a SIP load.  Currently, the only phones supported in SIP mode with 3rd party call control are the 7940 and 7960 phones.

I am not saying that this won't work, but this might be a very difficult and undocumented process.

Ok thank you very much.  My Next question is.  Should I return the 7975 for 7960 phones or should I go for the CME router.  Will my setup work if I where to get the cisco cme router with my slm224gs? In other words what would I need to make this work.  Keep in mind that I have only 2 phones for now.  I would like CME but would like to go with the cheapest route available for my small demand of 2 to 3 phones atm.  What are my options guys?  Thank you

The most affordable option is to get SPA942 and/or SPA962 phones and use them with your SAP9K.

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: