Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls through PBX via E&M Trunk drop after 3 minutes

duncan_watson
Level 1
Level 1

Layout as follows:

(Site office)Analogue Handsets->PBX->EM Trunk->Voice Gateway--->IP(SIP)--->Voice Gateway->T1 Trunk->Digital PBX->Digital Handsets(Head office)

Problem:

1. Calls made from the head office digital handsets to the site office analogue handsets consistently drop after 3 minutes.

2. Calls from the site office analogue handsets cannot call through to head office. Debugging 'voice dialpeer' and 'voip vtsp' seem to show that no digits are being received by the voice gateway over the E&M trunk. Loopback tests on the PBX seem to confirm that digits are being sent over E&M trunk.

Troubleshooting to date:

(Regarding point 1 above)

Configured site office 2811 voice gateway to support CIPC (using telephony-service setup). Called to CIPC phone from head office digital handset. Call did not drop after 3 minutes. This seems to indicate that it is the E&M trunk or the PBX that is causing the call to drop.

(Regarding point 2 above)

Attached is debug output of 'debug voip vtsp all' showing the moment when the call is dropped. Would be grateful if somebody could shed some light on why this is happening.

I'm pretty certain the E&M cards are faulty, but am happy to be proved wrong if anyone has experience of this kind of error.

Much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The debugs seem to indicate that the PBX isn't ever sending acknowledgement that the call has been connected. The gateway is disconnecting after a timer expiry.

-nick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

The debugs seem to indicate that the PBX isn't ever sending acknowledgement that the call has been connected. The gateway is disconnecting after a timer expiry.

-nick

Nick,

Many thanks for your reply.

I changed the Type to 5 (from 1) and that fixed it. Our PBX vendor was swearing blind the settings matched, just thought I'd give it a try all the same.

Anyway, appreciate your response.

Duncan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: