cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant get ISDN Layer 1 active even getting a tone on ISDN

waqas0612147
Level 1
Level 1

HI i am configuring ISDN line on cisco 2821....The problem is that even though i get a tone but when i put the line in my router i am seeing my Layer 1 as Deactivited

Kindl see the attached Logs and see if i am doing anything wrong .Moreover the config for the BRi interface are below

!

interface BRI1/0

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.252

encapsulation ppp

dialer idle-timeout 2147483

dialer string 00942212121

dialer load-threshold 1 either

dialer-group 3

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn point-to-point-setup

ppp authentication pap callin

ppp pap sent-username abc password 0 acb

!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Waqas,

Unless the L-1 is Activated, and functional all other attempts to make this work are futile.

I would want to speak with the Telco and or if you happen to have a TA (since its a BRI) would like to check if the phone is working on the ISDN.

Regards

Wilson Samuel

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Waqas,

Unless the L-1 is Activated, and functional all other attempts to make this work are futile.

I would want to speak with the Telco and or if you happen to have a TA (since its a BRI) would like to check if the phone is working on the ISDN.

Regards

Wilson Samuel

Dear Wilson

Yes i can make a call from the Telephone on the ISDN but as far as Telco is concerned they are assuring me that every thing is fine from their end .....so as you r suggesting that i should again confirm from Telco company.

Regards

Waqas

Anywhere except North America, it is normal to have L1 de-activated all the time except when a call is in progress, and a sh0ort time thereafter.

Also, having a BRI doesn't necessarily involve having a TA (Terminal Adapter), although likely you will have an NT (Network Terminator).

Sometime IOS is plain buggy and you need to replace image to have it working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: