cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant get ISDN Layer 1 active even getting a tone on ISDN

waqas0612147
Level 1
Level 1

HI i am configuring ISDN line on cisco 2821....The problem is that even though i get a tone but when i put the line in my router i am seeing my Layer 1 as Deactivited

Kindl see the attached Logs and see if i am doing anything wrong .Moreover the config for the BRi interface are below

!

interface BRI1/0

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.252

encapsulation ppp

dialer idle-timeout 2147483

dialer string 00942212121

dialer load-threshold 1 either

dialer-group 3

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn point-to-point-setup

ppp authentication pap callin

ppp pap sent-username abc password 0 acb

!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Waqas,

Unless the L-1 is Activated, and functional all other attempts to make this work are futile.

I would want to speak with the Telco and or if you happen to have a TA (since its a BRI) would like to check if the phone is working on the ISDN.

Regards

Wilson Samuel

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Waqas,

Unless the L-1 is Activated, and functional all other attempts to make this work are futile.

I would want to speak with the Telco and or if you happen to have a TA (since its a BRI) would like to check if the phone is working on the ISDN.

Regards

Wilson Samuel

Dear Wilson

Yes i can make a call from the Telephone on the ISDN but as far as Telco is concerned they are assuring me that every thing is fine from their end .....so as you r suggesting that i should again confirm from Telco company.

Regards

Waqas

Anywhere except North America, it is normal to have L1 de-activated all the time except when a call is in progress, and a sh0ort time thereafter.

Also, having a BRI doesn't necessarily involve having a TA (Terminal Adapter), although likely you will have an NT (Network Terminator).

Sometime IOS is plain buggy and you need to replace image to have it working.