cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS/CUPC License

billybjo1
Level 3
Level 3

I have a CUPS 7.0(4) system running on VMWare in the lab with CUCM 7.0(2).

The system generally appears fine. But if I enable a new user for CUPC in CUCM, it doesn't seem to reflect in CUPS. If I try to login the user I get "User is not licensed for CUPC."

On CUPS the user shows a Licensed for CUP, but not CUPC. There are some existing users that are working that were on prior to upgrade on an older version of CUPS.

Anyone seen this problem or know a likely cause? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I know it's quite confusing. But sometimes "restart the server" does not have to same effect of "restart the service". :)

Have you tried to restart Sync Agent?

Thanks!

Mcihael

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Go to CUCM > System > Licensing > Capabilities Assignment.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Michael,

Yes I have the capabilities ticked on CUCM, but they don't seem to be getting reflected within CUPS. Old ones that were on before the upgrade are still in CUPS ok.

Try to restart "Cisco UP Sync Agent" service on CUPS. This will force the CUPS to synchronize with CUCM.

Michael

Server has been reloaded several times, and that doesn't seem to make any difference. Very puzzling.

I know it's quite confusing. But sometimes "restart the server" does not have to same effect of "restart the service". :)

Have you tried to restart Sync Agent?

Thanks!

Mcihael

Michael, I'm fairly sure I have done that (and most other services). But I just did it again to make sure. Still not made any difference I can see.

Actually its just started working!...I'm somewhat amazed restarting the service has a different effect than restarting the server. But thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: