cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2125 with 2x 1520 Mesh Points - Ethernet Bridging

Craig Gilbert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I'm looking for assistance with a new Mesh set up we are deploying, the solutions consists of:

1x Wireless LAN Controller 2125

2x 1520 AP/Mesh Points

What we are trying to achieve is to bridge two networks together, I have followed the Cisco configuration guide and I simply can't get the traffic to cross from one side to the other. The WLC can see both 1520's on either side of the mesh network and I appear to have set it up right.

Here is how everything is set up:

- Local network (Class B, 10.0.0.0/16) connected to Port 1 on the WLC.

- 1520 is connected to Port 2 on the WLC via g0/0 with an IP address of 10.0.3.110 (management network, 10.0.3.111 for the wlan-management network) - this is set up as the RootAP, with ethernet bridging enabled and the bridging group set to rsqmesh.

- 2nd 1520 is around 800ft away set up as a MeshAP with ethernet bridging enabled and the bridging group set to rsqmesh. Small 5-port switch (non-cisco) connect to g0/0 on this 1520 with a device attached which has the IP of 10.0.3.37.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Bridging will not work if the RAP is directly connected to the controller. But CSCsk15792 is filed on this issue. If you put a switch between the controller and RAP traffic should start flowing.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Bridging will not work if the RAP is directly connected to the controller. But CSCsk15792 is filed on this issue. If you put a switch between the controller and RAP traffic should start flowing.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card