cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-peer for faxing match

rodrigo_magno
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I am kind of newbie to the voice world and I needed some help setting up my dial-peers:

I have a call manager managing all my voice calls and I have also a SIP faxing software for sending faxes out, what I needed is when I am sending out faxes to match the correct dial-peer, but ny config right now is matching always the dial-peer for the call manager. could you help?

Config:

my service voice:

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

allow-connections sip to sip

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 5 hs-redundancy 2 fallback none

h323

sip

my call manager dial peer:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 12..

session target ipv4:10.0.4.32

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

!

what should be my faxing out dial peer:

dial-peer voice 210 voip

answer-address 014611201

session protocol sipv2

session transport udp

dtmf-relay h245-signal

codec g711ulaw

fax rate 14400

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 5 hs-redundancy 2 fallback cisco

clid network-number 014611201

no vad

here's an example of my SIP debug when using the fax software:

INVITE sip:123434@10.0.4.34 SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 1201:5060;branch=z9hG4bK1008

To: <sip:123434@10.0.4.34>

Call-ID: 22f205f9-c768-4ae2-aabc-15885e36ba0f@1201

CSeq: 1 INVITE

Max-Forwards: 70

User-Agent: Net Satisfaxtion/IP_FAX-8.5.4840.684

Allow: INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, REFER, NOTIFY

Content-Type: application/sdp

Content-Length: 148

v=0

o=IPFax 0 0 IN IP4 1201

s=SIP Fax Call

i=IPFax

c=IN IP4 1201

t=0 0

m=audio 49156 RTP/AVP 0

a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000

a=ptime:20

a=sendrecv

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Multiple things going on here:

1) Incoming called number will always match before answer address. If you want to match with answer address 'incoming called-number .' can't exist anywhere. You would need to use answer-address to also match CUCM dial peers.

2) Your DTMF for your incoming fax dial peer isn't going to work because SIP endpoints do not use H245.

3) You may be able to get this to work by putting the fax protocol configuration under your CUCM dial peer. Adding fax capabilities won't break anything with CUCM.

4) Take 'fallback cisco' off your fax protocol configuration, as your fax server doesn't support it.

-nick

Hi, thanks for you reply.

Is there any document you can refer to me regarding the proccess for choosing a dial-peer?

Also I've tested configuration putting in a specific incoming called-number for the fax dial peer (just for testing purposes) and it worked fine.

I was thinking of following your advice and removing the incoming called-number . from the call manager dial-peer, will this break anything?

Thanks

Here are all my dial-peers

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 12..

session target ipv4:10.0.4.32

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 9T

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

!

dial-peer voice 200 pots

service onramp-sffax

incoming called-number 1201

direct-inward-dial

!

dial-peer voice 201 mmoip

service fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound

destination-pattern 1201

information-type fax

session target mailto:fax@dataelec.com

image resolution fine

!

dial-peer voice 210 voip

destination-pattern 9014611201

session protocol sipv2

session target sip-server

session transport udp

dtmf-relay h245-signal

codec g711ulaw

fax rate 14400

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 5 hs-redundancy 2 fallback none

no vad

!

Here you go:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

If you don't match an incoming dial peer it's possible for you to break things.

-nick

Thanks, it was not me that configured the voice gateway and I am trying to understand it's configuration so I can then make the changes I need.

Frim what I already gathered it seems to me that dial peers 1 and 2 are being used both for inbound and outbound matching. Peer 1, match for destination-pattern 12.. when making inbound calls and incoming called-number . for outbound, the same for dial peer 2 is matching destination-pattern 9T for outbound and incoming called-number . for inbound, am I right?

I think that if I want to remove the "incoming called-number ." statement for the dial peer 1 I would have to configure "answer address" or setup another dial peer for inbound matching for CM is that correct?

THanks for the help

You should remove incoming called number . if you would like to use answer address.

That leaves 4 options:

Match on a more specific incoming called number that would not intersect with what the fax server would dial (probably not an option)

Configure answer-address on dial peers for your CUCM DID (ANI from GW perspective) range.

Allow for dial peer hunt algorithm to use the 3rd rule, which is match the incoming dial peer against the CALLING number with a destination pattern. The idea here is that if you are pointing a dial peer to it, and the caller id matches it, you should probably use that dial peer. This is messy because often with translations or caller-id masks the numbers you route to CUCM are not the same as the caller ID you will receive. But it is an option.

The fourth is to use translations so that you can match your dial peers. This would be something like adding ## to the calling number and stripping it off your outgoing dial peer, but use it to match your incoming dial peer. Or, prefix numbers on your faxing dial plan and use that to match with an 'incoming called-number .T' This is a little more of a hack, but it's easier to configure and wrap your head around.

-nick

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: