Views
Helpful
Replies

NME-CUE isn't working. It have status "Service Module is in fail open"

pavelsh_ucs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

We had bought cisco 3825 + NME-CUE. I configured cisco, then I setup session to NME-CUE. It requested me by setup wizard. I tried to restart module by command 'service-module integrated-Service-Engine 1/0 reload'

After that I can't communicate with this module.

-------------------------------

renton#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 1/0 status

Service Module is Cisco Integrated-Service-Engine1/0

Service Module supports session via TTY line 66

Service Module is failed

Service Module heartbeat-reset is enabled

Service Module is in fail open

Service Module status is not available

---------------------------

renton#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 1/0 statistics

Module Reset Statistics:

CLI reset count = 1

CLI reload count = 0

Registration request timeout reset count = 1

Error recovery timeout reset count = 2

Module registration count = 0

The last IOS initiated event was a error recovery timeout reset at 01:39:05.450 PDT Sun Aug 9 2009

--------------------------

I've reboot, reset, pull this module from cisco and push it back. No success.

If I try to setup session I enter my login and password and I see nothing

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In one terminal, do "service-module session". Simultaneously, in another, do "service-module reset".

If no output, module is faulty and you need RMA.

No output. :(

After two days waiting it become work......

Fantastic!

I did the same and it seems like the cue is booting again and again. This is the second module that i got from cisco after raising an RMA. Please assist. Snapshot taken while booting is attached.

Disk failure, check it's well seated or RM again.

Please do not use graphical attachments just to report a little text.

bungemantman
Level 1
Level 1

My NME-522 is reloading endlesssly... all I am getting after entering the service module reset on a second window is shown below. It just hungs there. It won't reset or reload successfully !!!

01#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 3/0 session
Trying 10.X.X.X, 2195 ... Open

Initializing memory.  Please wait.

01#
May 16 19:52:43.958: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Integrated-Service-Engine3/0, changed state to up
May 16 19:52:44.958: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Integrated-Service-Engine3/0, changed state to down
01#
May 16 19:52:53.959: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Integrated-Service-Engine3/0, changed state to up
May 16 19:52:54.959: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Integrated-Service-Engine3/0, changed state to down
01#
May 16 19:53:03.959: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Integrated-Service-Engine3/0, changed state to up
May 16 19:53:04.959: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Integrated-Service-Engine3/0, changed state to down
01#

I also facing the same problem.Please advise.

-

Phil

I had to RMA NME third time for the CUE to work. What you can try is, turn off the router remove the NME module and connect it back and try again. Hope you have done all the basic routing configuration for reaching the CUE.

bungemantman
Level 1
Level 1

I am RMA -ing mine. I never got this module working and it died on me. Can anybody point me to a none cisco document explaining how this CUSP is supposed to work ?  I have read all the cisco docs for CUSP 8.5 but could not get it to accept SIP registration requests!!!

Please open new thread for new problem, include all the relevant configuration, and a complete description.

Hi Paolo,

Here is another thread I had started a while back for my problem. I do not need it to work with CUCME anymore as I have been told by Cisco the two will not work together. I just need to get the CUSP to work as a proxy server.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2080615?tstart=0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: