cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C2940-8TT - IOS Upgrade

javier.castillo
Level 1
Level 1

By mistake I got rid of the IOS file from my switch. I downloaded the version 121-22.EA13 and now I got an error saying DRAM is not sufficient and I can't find a version that will fit.

5 Replies 5

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Contact TAC to get an older image that will work.

Well, before going to the TAC option, I did copy the latest IOS .bin (the one was giving me the error) by using xmodem and it went good. After it I re-tryied the upgrade using the "archive downlad" command and now it worked.

Don't know why it wanted to do the upgrade before though.

Perhaps the previous file was not copied over the switch properly. Not sure what happened. If you still have an issue we can investigate further.

If the problem was that you cant find on our website an image that works for your switch, then TAC would have been of help as that is what I understood from your first post.

If my memory isn't totally blown away, then I believe that I have seen that the image size is close to what the 2940 can handle in it's DRAM/Flash.

Perhaps your upgrading via XMODEM has deleted some other files which has made enough space for your renewed archive download.

HTH.

It could be...

The good thing is that I was able to do the upgrade after all.

Thank you all for your feedback!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card