Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager 5.2 Topology Group Status

martinbrooks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using CiscoWorks 3.2 and have defined some CM Topology Groups. When a router has a problem, it appears red in the Topology Group but the cloud of the group doesn't turn red. I am aware that CM is not a Fault Management application, but as it is now linked in to DFM would it be possible to have hierarchical propagation? This would allow the topology map to be useful for large deployments.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, this is not currently possible. The DFM events are tied to specific devices, and not propagated up to switch clouds. However, I think such a feature would be useful. It may be possible to add a status icon to the switchcloud. However, this would require an enhancement request (PERS) from your account team or SE.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, this is not currently possible. The DFM events are tied to specific devices, and not propagated up to switch clouds. However, I think such a feature would be useful. It may be possible to add a status icon to the switchcloud. However, this would require an enhancement request (PERS) from your account team or SE.

Thanks Joe, this has answered my question, as expected unfortunately.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: