cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove dial 9 for one analog extension

Barry Hunsinger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a fax modem that gets it's outbound numbers from a proprietary application (not mine). The fax modem is set for "dial as entered", I would like to use it on the outbound sip trunk, but need to disable dialing the 9 to access an outside line..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

You could put a translation profile on the ephone-dn that adds a 9.  This wouldn't be CCA supported, but it would mean not having to change the rest of your dial plan.

config t

ephone-dn 4

voice translation-profile outgoing faxadd9

voice translation-profile faxadd9

translate calling 4

voice translation-rule 4

rule 1 /\(^.*\)/ /9\1/

Something like that should work.  Use this page for a reference.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

You could put a translation profile on the ephone-dn that adds a 9.  This wouldn't be CCA supported, but it would mean not having to change the rest of your dial plan.

config t

ephone-dn 4

voice translation-profile outgoing faxadd9

translate calling 4

voice translation-rule 4

rule 1 /\(^.*\)/ /9\1/

Something like that should work.  Use this page for a reference.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

If I understand you correctly, the number is being provided from the application to the modem without a 9, the modem then dials that number without the 9 to the UC500 FXS port, and then the call needs to be routed out the SIP trunk.

Assuming I am correct, there are a couple of small errors in the above config (It must have been late when Steven typed his reply ;) ).  First, since from the perspective of the UC500, the call is coming in the FXS port, the translation-profile under the ephone-dn needs to be incoming, not outgoing.  ie:

ephone-dn 4

voice translation-profile incoming faxadd9

And second, the number that needs to be modified is the called number, not the calling number.  ie:

translate called 4

Also, this will only work if the FXS port is set up as a User Phone under Analog Port Settings in CCA.  If it is set up as a Common  Area Phone or as a Fax, then the config is slightly different.

Cheers,

Dave.

Thanks fot the info. as soon as I get a chance I will try it.

Hi David, how would this be accomplished with translation profiles for Common Area Phones or FAX lines?  I tried adding the above translation profile to the dial-peer but it did not change the dial 9 function.

-e

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: