SPA9000: Music on Hold/Streaming Audio Server

Answered Question
Aug 10th, 2009

Hi,

Does anyone know how to setup SAS for music on hold, customer has a music on hold digital player

that they wish to plug into their SPA9000.

I was told you need a special adapter, but from what I can see, it just looks like a standard Line Isolation

Unit (LIU). Like this one http://www.neogadgets.com/cart/cart.php?target=product&product_id=17&category_id=15

I can see the settings under FXS1 & FXS2 for Streaming Audio Server (SAS), but I would assume I may need

to change the settings on the phone from imusic to something else and the SIP tab Call Park MOH Server.

Another person mentioned that you can use some software on one of the PC's on your network to stream and then

just point the SPA9000 at that to use the music.  There was some mention of "NCH Swift Sound".

From a search on Google it seams to be a frequently asked question, with no answer.

Any ideas ?

Many Thanks

Stephen

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Glenn Quesenberry about 7 years 5 months ago

Stephen,

The attached document may seem a bit dated due to the branding, however I'm pretty sure the application of it still applies towards the MOH function of the SPA9000.  Take a look at this and see if it helps you!

Best Regards,

Glenn

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Glenn Quesenberry Wed, 08/12/2009 - 11:29

Stephen,

The attached document may seem a bit dated due to the branding, however I'm pretty sure the application of it still applies towards the MOH function of the SPA9000.  Take a look at this and see if it helps you!

Best Regards,

Glenn

Attachment: 
retzlaff Wed, 08/12/2009 - 21:03

Thanks Glenn,

That document is great, just missing some info, I assume the user Id it refers to on page 9

in point 7 is the ext number assigned to the FXS port that the music source is plugged into.

It also appears the proof reader had the same thought, given their notation. Can you confirm

the format, just ext number 211 or [email protected].SPA9000:portnumber.

Also would like to confirm that a standard LIU will do the job, before plugging it in and blowing

my SPA9000 up.

If possible it would be good to know, if there is a way of streaming from a music source on a

PC or the internet, via an IP address.

Thanks again for your help, this forum is proving very helpfull in supporting our SPA9000 installations.

Regards

Stephen

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content