Changing font size on 7945/7965 (German locale)

Answered Question
Aug 10th, 2009

Hi,

We are running the following:

CUCM 6.1.3.2000-3

Locale (German) 6.1.3.1100-1

7945/7965 Firmware SCCP45.8-5-2S

My question is about the Font size on the 7945/7965 phones (menu, softkeys etc). In earlier versions of this system (e.g. CUCM 6.1.1.2000-3) the font was quite small and looked great. After an upgrade of CUCM (which also upgrades phone firmware) and the german locale, the font size increased quite a bit (same size as the english locale font). I could personally live with this, but our customer dislikes the large font.

What does the font size depend on, and is there a way to change it back to a smaller size without any downgrades?

Any comments would be appreciated!

Ingo

Correct Answer by Paolo Bevilacqua about 7 years 6 months ago

Usually, I do not use verbiage leading to doubt, I may have forgot my good habit for a time. So, here's your answer:

You cannot change font size on cisco phones.

No proving link can be given, because the feature never existed.

Overall Rating: 3.5 (2 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 08/11/2009 - 01:59

I don't think you can change that, to prove you point you would need to show pictures to cisco, but do not expect they actually do anything.

Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 08/11/2009 - 06:28

Why a "2" to my 100% true and correct information ?

Maybe you wanted to hear that is possible to change font size, unfortunately that is not possible.

It is not fair to vent your frustration to me.

ivarnhagen Tue, 08/11/2009 - 07:22

Hi, I am not venting my frustration at you.

Your post said "I don't think you can change that". To me this does not indicate 100% true and correct information.

If you would have told me that I can definately not change the font size (and maybe provide me with a link from cisco for reference) I would have given a 5.

Thanks for your time nonetheless

Correct Answer
Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 08/11/2009 - 07:31

Usually, I do not use verbiage leading to doubt, I may have forgot my good habit for a time. So, here's your answer:

You cannot change font size on cisco phones.

No proving link can be given, because the feature never existed.

Actions

This Discussion