Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Localization

muratg777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to locolize my settings to Turkish. I used "https://www.myciscocommunity.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3401-2-1910/cca-uc500-localization-v2.pdf"

article. I drag and drop CP_521_524_Dictionary.tar to UC500 icon. It uploaded successfully. But when I Configure > Telephony > Voice. I don't see dial and region tabs. I am using the latest version of cca. My CUE version is 7.0.3

Thanks

19 Replies 19

muratg777
Level 1
Level 1

I checked the voicemail option but I can not see turkish support. As far as I know 7.0.3 supports turkish language.

All I want to do is Turkish Voicemail and dial plan.  I think the 7975 ip phone don't supports turkish language.

Looks like you completed the steps for 5xx IP Phones, however, to complete the localization for rest of the system, you will need localization files for CUE as well as other IP Phones that you may have integrated.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9829

Follow the above link and look under " Forum : UC500 CUE Localization" and " Forum : UC500 IP Phone Localization"

Also, look up the online help for CCA 2.0.1 for localization to get the correct location for storing these files.

HTH,

Saurabh

Hi,

I did it exactly the same things on the article.I downloaded and located the files to the right directory.

I also tried to localize voicemail but I see not supported error on cca (Selecting Turkish as Language).

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4308/errorwindow.jpg

Looks like our documents are not updated for CUE 7.0.3. This version of CUE requires you to use cue-main.ise.7.0.3.pkg file. Please select this file when you browse to CUE software location. Let me know if you still run into an issue.

Thanks,

Saurabh

I also tried cue-main.ise.7.0.3.pkg but when I am selecting that file on the language option "Turkish" disappears and I

can't select it.

Can you provide the following?

a) Content of the folder in which you've copied the localization file

b) CCA log file when you perform the operation - you can find this under C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoSMB\Cisco Configuration Assistant directory

c) Screen capture of the issue that you are noticing

Thanks,

Saurabh

Just checked with the CCA engineering team. This appears to be a defect on CCA. If you need this working urgently, you may have to follow CLI to install the language pack. If you don't have the CLI expertise, I would highly that you open up a TAC case for help with language installation. If you can wait (fix timeframe is TBD, but I would think a couple of weeks), we might be able to give you an engineering special CCA image that could be used to verify the fix.

Thanks,

Saurabh

It is not urgent but I am trying to localize it since 5 days and I am obsessed with it now :)   I can use CLI. No problem. I am more into Cisco's Switching and Wireless solutions. What are the commands that I must use? Also I will need CCA patch too.

Thanks for your helps

Here is what I say :

turk.JPG

noturk.JPG

Thanks for the link.

I have followed the instructions but I now I get ERROR: Invalid package. Please verify if this is a valid package file.

se-10-1-10-1# $e install add cue-vm-tr_TR-langpack.ise.7.0.3.prt1

WARNING:: This command will install the necessary software to
WARNING:: complete an upgrade.  It is recommended that a backup be done
WARNING:: before installing software.

Would you like to continue? [n]y
Software install using RAM

Downloading ftp cue-vm-tr_TR-langpack.ise.7.0.3.prt1
Bytes downloaded :  35272997

Validating package signature ... done
ERROR: Invalid package. Please verify if this is a valid package file.

While configuring a fresh UC500 I also encountered this problem. It seems the wizard runs ok but changing afterwards goes wrong. CLI option also fails. Iḿ having trouble with the Dutch language.

Would you like to continue? [n]y
Software install using RAM

Downloading ftp cue-vm-nl_NL-langpack.ise.7.0.3.prt1
Bytes downloaded :  31371384

Validating package signature ... done
ERROR: Invalid package. Please verify if this is a valid package file.

Any ideas ???

It's getting a bit annoying. It's nice having guys concentrating on new options in CCA but plz get a stable bugless installation platform first !! Haven't been able to do a decent install without working around a bug in CCA (whatever version).

[edit]

Telephony wizard installs language without a problem. CCA says all is Dutch but thinks VM language is still US English. Luckily the system is completely Dutch now.

Message was edited by: mtempelman

I have forwarded this problem description to the engineers in charge of the TSW/CCA interaction.

Thanks,

Marcos

The engineering team has identified the issue - this will be addressed using defect ID CSCtb38469. The timeframe for the fix is Oct/Nov.

-Saurabh

Hi,

I've also run into this problem and been waiting for a fix. Has the problem been solved?

I'm using CCA 2.2 and CUE 7.1.3 and when I try to localize it to Swedish I get the same error as the previous poster. When selecting cue-main.uc500.7.1.3.pkg there's no option for Swedish in the drop down menu.

I have customers waiting for this so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: