Help on CSS 11501

Unanswered Question
Aug 11th, 2009
User Badges:

I'm very new to Cisco Load balancing and CSS and found following example guide for to get an idea how we could configure basic load balanced web service across web server farm.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps789/products_configuration_example09186a0080093dff.shtml

In this article I have noticed that - All traffic that is destined for the VIP on the CSS 11000 goes through the L2 switch to the CSS and will then be forwarded to the appropriately load balanced server. The return traffic returns through the CSS because all load balanced traffic arrives at the real servers with the source IP address being the VIP address of the source group.

As I understand the client connects to the VIP and forward to load balanced real-server with source IP as VIP; real-server redirects the return packets to the VIP then VIP sends the return packet to Client.

My question is Real-server dose not know the client IP (source IP) instead of VIP and if there are 10k user connection per real-server, it will see only VIP address not the client ip addresses. What if we need to see the Client ip address from the real-server where we serve the service based on client IP address.

Would this be possible with CSS 11501 and please advice me how to cater such scenario or direct me for to such related articles.

Thanks in advance

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion