cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA and Windows Defender

jlowthert
Level 1
Level 1

We are installing CSA 6.0.1. My question is an easy one that I can't seem to find the answer to. With CSA installed, do you need Windows defender installed as well. CSA does not automatically disable it like other vendor software does (symantec, mcafee). Our Vista machines still have defender running but whenever we try to update the definitions via WSUS, CSA blocks the update because it sees the update as a virus. I am thinkng that we can just disable defender because it is not needed but I can't find it anywhere in Cisco's documentation.

Jim

3 Replies 3

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Either that or allow the Defender updates in CSA.

Do you have any other AV on the hosts?

Tom

There are no other AV agents on the hosts.

How would I allow Defender Updates in CSA?

I am new to CSA but I am having trouble finding documentation for the product.

Thanks.

Jim

Easy fix is disable defender, csa does a much better job. Otherwise you can add the wsus process to your mass software deployment class, and csa should allow these updates. If your other wsus updates work, then there must be something special about the defender updates, and you should go through the log, when defender is trying to update to see what gets blocked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: