cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AA Authentication Banner problems

remco.gussen
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing some problems with AAA authentication banners and banner logins.

I'm trying to use spaces and empty lines, but when login, all the lines are after eachother, no empty lines, no spaces.

The problem appears on a 3750 with IOS version 12.2(5)SE2

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

To create a login banner, you need to configure a delimiting character, which notifies the system that the following text string is to be displayed as the banner, and then the text string itself. The delimiting character is repeated at the end of the text string to signify the end of the banner. The delimiting character can be any character in the extended ASCII character set, but once defined as the delimiter, that character cannot be used in the text string making up the banner.

Refer to the below URL for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/security/configuration/guide/scfathen.html#wp1001872

Dan Knight
Level 1
Level 1

I am an encountering a similar situation, especially with new version on IOS on 2960G and 3560v2 switches.

I have a banner with portions that are centered appropriately, along with blank lines between

sections, however when it comes up on the screen, all of the text is left justified and there are no blank lines.  I am using the $ as a delimiter

.  Ever figure out what caused this?

If you look at a show run, does the banner text have the whitespace intact?  If not, then you need look no further into AAA...

The whitespace is missing in the output of sh run.  These devices currently do not have any AAA

really configured.  There's a telnet password and an enable password and that's it.

Longshot: try using single or double quote as the delimeter?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: