Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent fast/busy tone when dialling out

gsgilbeson
Level 1
Level 1

We have a uc520, 7.03, with 4 handsets.

The system is connected to a bri ISDN 2e.

When a user dials externally, the first call always recieves the fast/busy tone, if the user redials the same number the second time, the call successfully connects???

This appears to happen from any of the four extensions even if mobile numbers or landlines are dialled.

All timeouts with regards to interdigit/busy are the system default.

Is this fast/busy tone as a result of the call being matched to dialplan or something?

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No they shouldn't...

Strange indeed, unless you haven't saved the configuration in CCA, which you say you did. Is it working now?

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

gsgilbeson
Level 1
Level 1

In addtion to the original post, i recall when first connected the system, we had issues recieving calls as both BRI interfaces were active, but only one was physically being used and plugged into ISDN circuit.

We had to remove it in the incoming DIALPLAN configuration on CCA2.0, is there something i have to do to remove the unused BRI interface from outgoing calls?

Yes, you need to remove the unused BRI port from the trunk configuration. However, if it is not connected, the routing entries pointing to that port should not be active. Can you please capture ethe following for an outbound failed call: "debug isdn q931".

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos,

Thanks for your prompt response,

After checking config again, the second BRI port was in the ALL_BRI trunk group!

This is strange as from the CLI I did originally issue the "shutdown" command, and I could have sworn that prior I removed it from the group using CCA2.0 and saved the configuration.

The only thing i can think off, is that recently I set the timezone on the CUE webpage, and performed a save and relaod for the settings to take effect.  Do you know if the the unused BRI port is then re-added to the ALL_BRI trunk group upon restart?

Kind regards

No they shouldn't...

Strange indeed, unless you haven't saved the configuration in CCA, which you say you did. Is it working now?

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos

I can confirm that everything is working now.

thanks