cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1: Any way to find all switches in a VLAN?

ww9rivers
Level 1
Level 1

Say I have a VLAN and a gateway IP address to it. Does CiscoWorks have an easy way to find all the switches with that VLAN trunked to them?

I am thinking of writing a script using SNMP to follow CDP neighbors and VLAN members. That should not be too hard to write but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if LMS already does that.

Thanks and regards,

--

Wei

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not directly. Campus offers a VLAN report which will show you what VLANs are available in a given VTP domain or on a given device, but to get a list of devices in a VLAN, you can go to Topology Services, expand Managed Domains, expand your desired VTP domain, expand the VLAN, then export the list of devices and ports in that VLAN.

View solution in original post

I assume you mean work WITHOUT a VTP domain. The answer is yes. For example, select the LAN Edge View, then drill into a switch cloud, and you can display the STP data. As long as you have VLANs, you can do STP visualization.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not directly. Campus offers a VLAN report which will show you what VLANs are available in a given VTP domain or on a given device, but to get a list of devices in a VLAN, you can go to Topology Services, expand Managed Domains, expand your desired VTP domain, expand the VLAN, then export the list of devices and ports in that VLAN.

Thanks, Joe.

I have tried the Topology Services before posting the question but I did not find a way to filter out the VLAN I want after getting to the VTP topology map.

Now I have a different question: VTP is not being used to create/define VLANs here in our network and that is not likely to change. Does the Topology Filter >> Spanning Tree >> VLAN function still work reliably with a VTP Domain Topology map?

Again, thanks and regards.

--

Wei

I assume you mean work WITHOUT a VTP domain. The answer is yes. For example, select the LAN Edge View, then drill into a switch cloud, and you can display the STP data. As long as you have VLANs, you can do STP visualization.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: