cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C4K_SWITCHINGENGINEMAN-3-PPECELLDUPDETECTED: Free cell duplicate(s)

rgonzalch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anybody knows why this message C4K_SWITCHINGENGINEMAN-3-PPECELLDUPDETECTED: Free cell duplicate(s)

detected [hex]. System will be reset!

ocurrs?

I only found this on Cisco

Error Message C4K_SWITCHINGENGINEMAN-3-PPECELLDUPDETECTED: Free cell duplicate(s)

detected [hex]. System will be reset!

Explanation The system detected free cell duplication, and will be reset. This message may also erroneously appear when using jumbo packets or if sharing is configured and transmit queues have backed up.

Recommended Action This is an informational message only. No action is required.

But there is not solution or what can i do.

Is hardware issue?

Best Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the first one is just about increasing the severity of the message to critical. The second one is the one you need to keep an aye on so you can see when a fix is released.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jbrenesj
Level 3
Level 3

Are you running 12.2(31)SGA?

If so this is a software bug. Two I can recall:

CSCsq34620

PPECELLDUPDETECTED message level should be "critical"

Fixed in 12.2(31)SGA8

CSCsg28982

Crash due to C4K_SWITCHINGENGINEMAN-3-PPECELLDUPDETECTED

Hi jbrenesj,

Thanks for you answer but i am running 12.2(31)SGA8.

Best Regards.

Hi jbrenesj,

I saw the second bug CSCsg28982 on bugtoolkit and seem it is the problem

and does not have solution yet :s.

Best Regards.

Yes, the first one is just about increasing the severity of the message to critical. The second one is the one you need to keep an aye on so you can see when a fix is released.

Hi jbrenesj,

I opened a case with TAC and they say that it is hardware problem with the processor of the sw.

Another thing the bug is on status closed. That`s means never will be fixed! jaja

Best Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco