Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE RSERVER BACKUP

alcides.silva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the folowing question: if i have 2 servers, one master and one backup, after a fail in master server ace starts to send connections for backup server. When master server back to online status, ace will send connections to master server or only to backup server ?

4 Replies 4

Assuming you are using the following config

serverfarm host YourServerfarm

probe xyz

rserver yourserver1

backup-rserver yourserver2

inservice

rserver yourserver2

inservice standby

1. If yourserver1 fails then only yourserver2 becomes active and handles all connections.

2. When yourserver1 comes back, ACE will automatically send all "New connections" to Yourserver1. Existing connections will still be served by "YourServer2".

3. With period of time all existing connection will end on yourserver2 and Yourserver1 will be serving all connections

HTH

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Hi Iftikhar,

Just to clarify one concern. If 'yourserver1' fails what will happen to the connections which were active at the time of failure. Will these connections get transfered to yourserver2 or they will get dropped or some specific type of connections will get dropped...

I understand that all new connections after yourserver1 failure will be handled by the backup server i.e. yourserver2.

Regards,

Akhtar

alcides.silva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Syed

Thank for your answer !

Is it possible to configure ACE for not forward connections to server1 when server1 back to online state, sending connections only to server2 ?

Thank You Very Much

Nope.

Active connections to

the backup rserver will never be forwarded to the primary rserver.

In any case connections to backup will eventually be over.

One option could be writing a TCL probe (under backup rserver) which can look for Primary real server & Backup real server and if it sees active connections on both server then it fails the probe for backup rserver.

Its a long shot but that looks to me as the only option.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: