Blast Group Anonymous Caller-ID

Unanswered Question
Aug 11th, 2009
User Badges:

I am having an issue on my UC500 where I have 2 blast groups set up for multiple extension ring appearance.  The first blast group works as advertised where I have 2 POTS lines on FXO ports set in a hunt group by Verizon.  The second blast group rings different extensions then the first, has 3 POTS lines to FXO ports set in a hunt group by Verzion and does not work as advertised.  The issue I am having is that the call will come in on the main number voice-port 0/1/0, ring twice with the proper caller-id (but keep ringing on the caller end), skip a few rings, then ring the blast group again as an anonymous caller.  With this said the lines have been tested outside of the UC500 and they work correctly however when plugged into the UC500 the afore mentioned scenario occurs.

I am also having an related/unrelated issue where the FXO ports will show an off-hook led but the show status command sees them as on-hook.  The inbound caller will get a fast busy and it seems as if the blast group is locked and thus far has only been cured by a reboot.

Thanks for your help.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Trad Tue, 08/11/2009 - 14:57
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2013 Small Business

Hi There,

I am having an issue on my UC500 where I have 2 blast groups set up for
multiple extension ring appearance.  The first blast group works as
advertised where I have 2 POTS lines on FXO ports set in a hunt group
by Verizon.  The second blast group rings different extensions then the
first, has 3 POTS lines to FXO ports set in a hunt group by Verzion and
does not work as advertised.  The issue I am having is that the call
will come in on the main number voice-port 0/1/0, ring twice with the
proper caller-id (but keep ringing on the caller end), skip a few
rings, then ring the blast group again as an anonymous caller.  With
this said the lines have been tested outside of the UC500 and they work
correctly however when plugged into the UC500 the afore mentioned
scenario occurs.

Stupid question but is the caller-id command enabled on all the voice ports?

I am also having an related/unrelated issue where the FXO ports will
show an off-hook led but the show status command sees them as on-hook.
The inbound caller will get a fast busy and it seems as if the blast
group is locked and thus far has only been cured by a reboot.

I am going through this same problem right now as it happens, however i first try a "shut" then a "no shut" on the port and see if that brings it back alive, if it does i test it, however the problem i am getting now is i dont receive any two-way voice path after doing that, so i have to resort to reloading the UC-500.

I currently have a TAC case open on the above, this is the second time doing it, not overly confident that the probelm is going to get resolved quickly. I stronlgy urge you to open up a TAC case on this, the more TAC people work on this type of problem the better the chances are of providing a fix for it.

Cheers,

David.

jburgett Wed, 08/12/2009 - 05:10
User Badges:

The FXO do have caller-id enable.

A final note on this.  We believe we have solved the problem by switching tip and ring at the dmark.  This seem to have cured the disconnect after two rings as well as the anonymous caller-id issue.  In observation of the FXO port the carrier signaling was getting mis-interpretted as a disconnect and then the carrier would keep ringing the circuit causing the anonymous caller-id issue.  We are not certain whether this cause the frozen or hung FXO port issue.  It bare to reason that if there was a signaling issue then it would cause this condition as well.

Actions

This Discussion