cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application dial rules - click to call

crodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

We deployed click to call not to long ago and we are having trouble making it work correctly.

All work "Ok." except that I cannot figure out how to build the dial plan so that local calls don't send the area code if it is in my outlook contacts. Long distance and local call when doing "Call with edit" work fine, but this is not really ideal.

Any ideas?

C.

3 Replies 3

Thank you tcatlinins. I have this document and I have followed. However, we do have problems because as you might guess the area code is on the outlook contact which is needed for smartphones to dial.

I can setup a dial rule that identifies and strips the area code. However, we are a multi-office organization and I don't see a way to simplify this setup. If I setup the rule to strip my area code here where I am that works great, but if a user in a branch office tries to call me, and hence, needs the area code, then the call will fail.

We run CUCM 6.

Thanks.

you may have to put in some sort of translation pattern to take care of this. I dont see any other way.

Basically, the click to call is doing a remote call control. The application dialing rule is simply adding/subtracting digits.