Views
Helpful
Replies

erspan session keeps shutdown

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi to all,

I've configured an erspan session between two Cat6509 but in the source, the monitor session is always "shutdown" and it doesn't change when i put the no shutdown command.

Here is the configuration:

SOURCE

monitor session 12 type erspan-source

shutdown ->***THIS IS THE ONE THAT NEVER GOES OUT***

source vlan 121

destination

erspan-id 112

ip address 10.233.48.228

origin ip address 10.233.48.248

DESTINATION

monitor session 12 type erspan-destination

destination interface Fa4/3

source

erspan-id 112

ip address 10.233.48.228

When i do a sh monitor session 12 detail it says in the status field Admin Disabled

Do you know what can be causing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Reply 1

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

*SOLVED*

The problem was that the next hop address of the source (10.233.48.228) was known by a tunnel and that is not supported by erspan, just have to take the destination address out of the tunnel.

Here is the cisco information:

%SPAN-5-ERSPAN_ADJ_TUNNEL: ERSPAN Destination behind a tunnel. Shutting down session [dec]

The next hop to the IP address specified as the ERSPAN destination lies behind a tunnel. This configuration is not supported. The ERSPAN session is shut down when such a configuration is detected.

Recommended Action: Specify another ERSPAN destination IP address that does not have a tunnel as the next-hop adjacency.

Related documents- No specific documents apply to this error message.

Hope this help someone in the future...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: