cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connections in ACE Module(Cisco cat6500 switch)

vishh_champ
Level 1
Level 1

The basic flow of the process is: User end(core router) > Switch (Cat6500 for distribution) > Servers. The users create telnet sessions. These users interact with the servers. There is an ACE Module present on the CISCO cat6500 switch which serves the purpose of load balancing.

the question is : Is there any way to know how many active connections are present in the ACE i.e. How many telnet sessions are present at a given instant of time passing through the ACE Module. Is there any method to do so or any software which can do this job.

1 Reply 1

yagnesh_tel
Level 1
Level 1

Vishal,

You can snmp-poll ACE module sameway as you can do for anyother Cisco devices. So you can get ACE statistics sameway as you get for router/switch.

I know that Netqos's Netvoyant product support monitoring of ACE and provides statisitcs such as number of L4 - L7 connections(created/rejected/established) as well as drops information.

I believe you can get this information from other network monitoring tools provided that you compile ACE MIBs in it and enable SNMP in ACE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card