Service Level Calculation out of office

Unanswered Question

Hi,

we are using a UCC-E 7.5 and our customer wants only include calls for the service calculation which are routed in the opening hours.

To check the opening hours we are using an administrative script where we set global variables which are checked in the routing scripts for the specific service numbers.

If the service center is closed, the caller gets an announcemnet and the call will be released

So the problem is that every call for the service number hits the call type and also the routing script.

How can we calculate the service level to do not include the calls which are out of office?

thanks

Markus

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
clotheyes Wed, 08/12/2009 - 01:22

Markus,

This is a common request and the answer is there in your question - change the call type within your script once the service is in-hours (ie after you have passed the closed check).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

thanks for your reply. But the problem is, that the customer also wants to know how many calls they get during the out of office times.

And if using 2 CTs one for InService and one for OutOfService you have to match them in a custom report, so that they appear as one. By the way we have around 80 call types, if we create for each servce a separate call type for OoO we have 160, this is not transparent anymore.

kind regards

Markus

david.macias Wed, 08/12/2009 - 05:22

There's no other way to do this.

First, you have a single call type that is associated to the script, so this CT will give you all calls for a 24 hour period. Now, you can do one of two things. Have another CT right before you queue the call to an agent. The calls that hit this CT will only be the calls during regular business hours. Now, when you look at a report you will have to CTs to check. The CT for all calls and the CT for calls during the day. Subtract each other and you have the total number of calls which came after hours.

david

Mark,

The other way is to introduce a top-level script and matching call type that all the DNs are associated with. Remove the current association of the DNs to the 80 call types.

Let's say this is "CS_All".

Now check for opening hours in this top level script, and if closed, set a call type "CS_Closed" and play the announcement and release. This works if all departments have the same opening hours - if not you may need some DN nodes to split them up and apply different global variable checks.

If open, set a new call type "CS_Open" and you have a overall peg count of calls that arrive during working hours.

Now have a sequence of DN nodes for all your different numbers. Each of these sets the call type to what corresponds now, and a "Go To" script to your existing routing script for that call type.

I like this design because it gives one entry script into which all calls come, and when running in monitor mode, gives a good view of the calls through the system.

Under this arrangement, you can run a WebView report on CS_All, CS_Open, CS_Closed for peg counts .... and your individual call types now report abandon rates, ASA etc.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi,

the problem is you can not see in one report how many calls were out of office and how many in service time.

I now wrote my own sql query and I will create a separate column in Webview like ServiceLevel In Business Hours.

In CT HH table I will use a query like this:

ServiceLevelCallsOffered -

(TotalCallsAbandToHalf -RouterCallsAbandToAgentToHalf -RouterCallsAbandQToHalf) so I know how many calls were aband while a VRU, because all other calls are routed to agents or queue.

kind regards

MArkus

david.macias Wed, 08/12/2009 - 06:38

You could always just change the report. Do a query that breaks up calls based on time of day. However, I think you're going about this backwards, CT are you friends and are great reporting tools (similar to VDNs in Avaya).

david

Actions

This Discussion