cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing standalone bank of modems

lskinner
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to replace a bank of standalone dial in/out modems with a router and Digital modem configuration, Where i need assistance is how i might configure the Cisco router to communicate with a multiport serial adapter in a server. The Current modems are connected to the server via a multiport interface. I think a 16 port asyncronous card is the answer but how do i map the call info from the DM to the router serial interface.

Any Assistance would be great.

Many Thanks

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check if the server/application can support connections over IP, that would be the easier solution. Alternatively, there are "virtual COM" device driver that can do this job.

The alternative would be placing an high density async card on the router, but better try to avoid if possble at all.

Thank u for your assistance

I believe the server will support connections over IP, but where / how do i map the connection to the Server, are we talking an autocommand in the line information,

Again using the High density card how would i map the dialin /out a async port on the card.

Yes, you would use autocommand.

Yo do not necessarily need to map anything. If using the async card, put just put these vty lines in a rotary group and reference it for reverse telnet.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Many Thanks

i will discuss with customer and determine how config might look

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: