cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking calls on CME

valides007
Level 1
Level 1

I have a call manager express with 44 extensions. Half of them have extensions that start with 66XX and the other half have 61XX.

Right now all extensions are able to receive incoming and make outgoing calls to the outside world (PSTN network). I just want to limit this feature to the extensions 66XX and block all extensions 61XX from making these calls (just internal calls allowed with the CME). How to do that, is there any idea?

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In you case, a COR config seems to be the most applicable.

Note, you do not need to configure COR pervasively. Just make sure the COR class for the blocked extension doesn't have the COR key for external calls DP - that means COR class can be empty. You can omit any COR on all the rest

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Walid,

Have you looked into this good feature;

Configuring Class of Restrictions (COR)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Edit: Paolo, you are way too fast for me this early in the AM! Not enough Java yet :) Cheers buddy!

Rob,

Here is my issue:

CME 1 <--> CME 2 <--> T1 Line

The extensions i mentioned earlier are sitting in CME 2. If i apply COR these extensions won't be able to make calls to CME 1 too, which creates another problem for me. I want those extensions to make calls to CME 1 and be blocked to go through the T1 line

That is not correct, on CME2 you would apply COR on the DP for T1 only, calls to CME1 will be unaffected.

Here is my dial-peer and one of the ephone-dn, could you please post an example to show me how to block this extension. I've never used COR before and i'm kind of confused

dial-peer voice 11 pots

description 11 digits dialing

destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......

port 0/0/0:23

forward-digits 11

ephone-dn 30 dual-line

number 6134

You would apply COR on ephone-dn-template likely.

Examples are in the link Rob posted above. If you're interested having the job done quick and well for a reasonable fee, contact me at the address present in my profile.

Tx... have it done, don't need your reasonable fee

You're welcome.

Considering your attitude (I'm sure you have an higher reputation for your own professionalism and wages than the one you show for others), I'll be glad to avoid helping you in the future, so good luck.

You did help a lot when you offered your reasonable fee. If i need to pay for help smartnet would be the best option.

To my knowledge this forum is not meant for people like you to advertise their service. If you are not willing to help for free don't even try to jum into the conversation.

Your words actually prove my point, you have little consideration for other's work, rating a generic smartnet contract more than professional consultancy.

Then regarding what I should or should not do, fortunately judgment on that is not your.

Beside, others appreciation for my free and continued advice is shown by my overall rating, check it out.

I'm not judging you. Probably you have been very helpfull with your free and continued advice. This wasn't the case with my topic though (remember you offered a service with a reasonable fee).

If i offended you somehow, i'm very sorry and let's not go beyond that.

I'm not judging you. Probably you have been very helpfull with your free and continued advice. This wasn't the case with my topic though (remember you offered a service with a reasonable fee).

If i offended you somehow, i'm very sorry and let's not go beyond that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: