cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys wet200 WPA2 Encryption

scottyschafer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello i have a few Linksys WET200 wireless bridges i am looking to implement on my campus with Wism controllers and a mix of 1130 and 1000 Lwapp APs. I have been able to configure them to work with WPA-Tkip PSK however as soon as i try wpa2-aes PSK they do not connect and are not seen. Has anyone been able to get these to work using WPA2. That is the main reason i went wth these.

4 Replies 4

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

This is a known issue. When using wpa it works fine but with wpa2, the wet200 does not authenticate or connect to the Ap. Linksys Business support still thinks its a problem from the Zyxel and the WET200. They are going to release new firmware to solve this issue.

Hello:

Here it is, nearly February 2010 and Cisco still has not released new firmware for the WET200, to resolve the WPA2 and DHCP-related issues.  I have communicated with several different departments, within Cisco, without success.  Does anyone know how to "light a fire" under Cisco, to get them to develop new firmware for the WET200?  Those who are using and/or have used the WET200, have you had any luck in making WPA2 encryption work?  Are you still using the WET200 or have you given up on it and on Cisco?

Thanks!

--Dylan

Firmware 2.0.3.2 is just out, fixed the WPA issue (for me anyway)

Voltron-IU
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, everyone:

I apologize for my late response; fortunately, I am happy to report that firmware version 2.0.3.2 also fixed my WPA2-based issues.  Thanks to everyone for their assistance in getting this issue resolved, finally.  It took far too long to resolve; however, I am glad and grateful that my Cisco/Linksys WET200s are, finally, working, properly.  Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: