!

dial-peer voice 41 pots

destination-pattern 9......

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

clid restrict

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

We see some national 11 digit numbers going out the dial-peer voice 41, the calling party hears the BT annunciator because the dial string is truncated from 11 digits to 6.

I thought that the longest prefix match would always cause dial-peer voice 40 to be used.

I was also alerted to the same problem with someone trying to dial 08000282755

dial-peer voice 47 pots

destination-pattern 90800.......

progress_ind alert enable 8

clid restrict

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

forward-digits 11

The number goes out as 0800028275 with the last digit 5 going out by itself, the number is not recognised by the BT exchange again.

Any help would be brilliant

kim

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, dots do not count to make a longest match, so you DPs are hit round-robin.

So, you need to be more specific in configuring destination-pattern if you really want to use separate DPs.

Note, progress_ind commands are probably unnecessary.

Hi p.bevilacqua,

thanks for the info. I suppose I could just use 9.T, but will this cause the inter-digit timeout?

I need the progress indicators as the local exchange doesn't provide the ring-tone to local numbers on the island (Islay West Coast of Scotland).

If you want to use specific DPs, you need to configure the specific digits that distinguish local number. If you put them between brackets, they won't be absorbed by the pots DP, and you will not need to configure forward-digits, that is not a big deal anyway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: