cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unreachable devices in common services

akash04lingam
Level 1
Level 1

When i was discovering the devices in common services ver 3.2.0 i can see some devices are unreachable. How can i make those devices reachable from common services. What exactly it specifies. I have added the screen shot also. Please suggest.

2 Replies 2

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Unreachable can be related to your SNMP settings. Double check the community strings on those devices and what is configured in LMS

Next you can do an SNMP Walk from Device Center. I suggest that you use sysObjectID as OID.

If you need to troubleshoot this further: if snmpwalk works, then you can take a packet capture trace to one Unreachable device. While capturing traffic, start a Discovery. Check the trace output after the discovery completed.

FYI, for the devices that are already in DCR, then Discovery will use the credentials in DCR rather than the ones you've configured in Discovery.

Discovery will only use the credentials in DCR if you select the option to use DCR devices as seeds. This is not the default, but it is recommended as it will reduce subsequent discovery time if multiple credentials are configured in discovery.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: