cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC -CCA Agent Auto URL

mdazhar
Level 1
Level 1

I have CAS with Agent 4.5.1 , when users try to get authenticated he needs CCA Agent to be downloaded and installed on client PC , its not happening automatically ..users opens a browser type the link eg:www.google.com ..first time should be redirected to CAS for CCA agent download page , but its not happening ..but when they type the IP address of CAS eg: https://cas-ip , then it asks to download the CCA Agent , i have complete DNS setup both reverse lookup / forward lookup working also proxy configured still it does n't goes out there..... where with ip address everything works fine ..does any have idea how to move forward

6 Replies 6

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

When you try "www.google.com", do you know if the packet will reach CAS? Check your routing to make sure this.

when typing IP will do the job , have no idea if still could be routing issues L3 , also do i need any route on Proxy server to reach CAS or on DNS server something like this ...have some tested this setup then pl

Which ip will do the job? CAS' IP? If yes, I believe that Agent download can be triggered when the packet to www.google.com will go through the CAS.

If you have service contract with Cisco, I suggest you to open a TAC case.

Hi,

I already opened TAC # 5 engg changed no solutions , cisco TAC team is completely unaware about their products itself or they not upto the mark for the solution at one time i thought to switch with Juniper

since this solutions already sold , i hope to have valid solutions let s re assess to find the solution

1. when type the IP of CAS agent gets downloaded

2. when type of www.google.com doens 't go

3. DNS both forward & reverse lookup working fine

4. Proxy has been configured in CAM

does any issue needs here missing to fill the GAP.

troubleshooting this will depend on how it was implemented in your network. Such as in-band or out-of-band, layer 2 or 3 mode, and CAS is virtual Gateway or real Gateway.

The general mistakens could be:

1. SVI interface for auth vlan --> auth vlan must be pure layer 2. In a word, you need make sure the packet from client should go to CAS when they try to browser google.com

2. if it is layer 2 mode, management subnet must use IP from trusted subnet but vlan ID from auth vlan

3. if it is layer 3 mode, make sure you have static route configured for user's IP address.

HTH

Hi

Thanks

its been implemented as L2-OOB-VGW (CAS)

and setup is working fine , when agent manually installed , authentication process takes places successfull and valid policy and posture assements

when i said everything working means it dam working for around 100 PC's

only i need to redirect when they open the www.google.com (first time , where no CCA agent installed ) then it should get the download from CAS , as i said earlier using IP address cas will ask users to download the KIT...

i really appreciate your effort to response let s hope with more tips we can resolve the problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: