cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Find Me Follow Me

jwcasey007
Level 1
Level 1

Does the UC 520 have the ability (in a find me follow me environment) to round robin calls through 6 numbers?  If call is answered at #3 then to stop the round robining, but if call is unanswered through all 6 numbers, can it pull the call back into a voicemail on the UC?  And treat it like any other voicemail (i.e. send the voicemail to an email)

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does the UC 520 have the ability (in a find me follow me environment) to round robin calls through 6 numbers?

CORRECTED:::: Blast Hunt Groups allow external numbers, Regular Hunt groups (sequential, Longest Idle and Peer) dont

If call is answered at #3 then to stop the round robining, but if call is unanswered through all 6 numbers, can it pull the call back into a voicemail on the UC?

Yes, Hunt groups have General Delivery Mailboxes, which all members can subscribe to, or can send unanswered calls to another extension with a personal voice mail box..

And treat it like any other voicemail (i.e. send the voicemail to an email)

Only if the final disposition is a users voice mail box.  If its a GDM, then it is not possible to integrate with Email (IMAP) like we can Personal mailboxes.

Message was edited by: Steve DiStefano after verifying (see below in this thread)

jwcasey007
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Steve,

Does the UC 520 have the ability (in a find me follow me environment) to round robin calls through 6 numbers?

Yes.  Hunt groups (sequential, Longest Idle and Peer) can include internal and external numbers (in the case of external numbers, the voice mail on it may have to be adjusted to exceed the timer of the UC huntgroup, to avoid its voice mail to answer)

Clarifying question:  To me hunt groups mean busy condition, this will also handle not answered situations correct?  What i'm trying to accomplish is call comes in and hits auto attendant.  If the caller then selects opt 2, i want:

6 external numbers to be tried in sequence:

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

etc,

And if all are unanswered, the call to be returned to UC (i got the voicemail piece, no need to elaborate there)

Thanks

I am glad you asked for clarification, because only the BLAST Group (hunt group type) supports Other (external numbers).

Blast (or parallel) hunting uses "voice hunt-group", as opposed to a ephone hunt-group used in the regular hunting options.  A voice hunt group allows any type of number (external, SIP client or skinny client), whereas an ephone hunt-group can only be used for Skinny phones.

I also just checked with CCA 2.0.1 on my system and regular hunt groups are internal numbers (extensions only), even though the HELP doc says externals are allowed (mistake there too).

Sorry about that.

So blast groups ring all at once.  And external numbers included.  Not sure if this changes the game or not?

Another option is SNR (with or withour UCC).  There are differences in the number of SNR destinations and with UCC Server with mobility, 4 is the limit as far as I know.  With IOS/CME EA release, you can assign 1 alternate destination per phone, so I suppose you could have a hunt group with ephones that each have SNR.

Take a peek here....

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-7237

I hope this helps.

Steve D

SE Field Channels

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: