Communications Manager 6.1 Domain Name Change

Unanswered Question
Aug 12th, 2009

Our vendor “finished” installing Communications Manager 6.1(2) earlier this year, and we've been finding lots of issues. One issue came to light when we tried to EMail CDR reports. It appears that our vendor did not apply any DNS and did not add a domain name (The Unified Operating System Administration, Network Configuration interface shows DNS details with a Primary and Secondary “Not Configured” and Domain as “localdomain”). This keeps our Communications Manager from resolving a load balanced Exchange system (for Email).

I know that in order to add a domain extension to each server in the CM cluster, I'll have to reboot each server (once all the servers have the new domain extension) to get replication working. But we also have Unity 7 as our VM, UCCE 7.2 as our customer contact solution, NICE as a recording solution, and LDAP synchronization (with our AD). Will there be any impact to these systems if add (actually change) the Domain value of the servers?

Just looking for input before I seriously break something!

Thanks for your feed back.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 08/18/2009 - 08:28

As far as CUCM is concerned there is the command: Set network domain xxxxx.xxxxx which you can use to change the domain name. You will have to create a new integration on CUCM though to pull the users from the new domain.

This Discussion