Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI Not Working as it should

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Simple little question hopefully, when someone leaves a voicemail the MWI doesnt seem to light up, however it is enabled and when I manually dial the extension I can get the indicator to switch on and off. I have left the settings as default ext A800...with secondary number as 2198 and A801 and 2199.

I think I have checked all the required settings, if someone can help it would be great?

Thanks

Brian

7 Replies 7

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Brian,

Have you changed the config from the factory default??

The MWI shoudn´t be configured with any secondary numbers. Could you post the CLI config?

Remember to remove passwords and public IP´s before posting

Regards

Eivind

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Please post both the CUE config as well.  We will need both of them to make sure this is accurate.

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, I know the basic of getting around the UC520 and basic CLI commands, what would you like me to extract from the running config and how do i pull the cue config...

I copied these lines from the running config:

ephone-dn  55
number A801... secondary 2199 no-reg primary
mwi off
!
!
ephone-dn  56
number A800... secondary 2198 no-reg primary
mwi on

Is this any use?

Sorry :(

UC520#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session

CUE#show config

Also, please post the entire show run from the UC520.  Just take out the passwords.  These few lines do not tell the whole story.

Your problem is your have changed the internal extensions from 3 digits long to 4 digitas long..  The little dots after the A800... mean "pass the next 3 digits" you have to add A800.... (with 4 dots).

Tell me if this works.

John Nikolatos

www.niktek.com

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have modifeied the MWI extension numbers to have 4 dots instead of 3. I am currently at work and can only test when I get home. However if this doesnt work I will upload the specified config files that should help to diagnose the issue.

Thanks

Brian

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks changing the 3 dots to 4 dots which relates to the extension number length has resolved my issue and now the MWI is functioning as it should.

Many Thanks for the support.

Thanks

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: