cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote office 7941 access to Call manager main office failing

Gerard Roy
Level 2
Level 2

I have a remote office with a VPN tunnel between it (on a 5505) and a main office 5520. Vpn Tunnel is up. Can browse internet and voip phone can reach a 2811 router at the main office that is used for the Emergency Voice Gateway. I can call a land line from the voip phone but I cannot call another extension on the main office network. No one can call me.

1) Why can I reach the Voice GW and not the 2 call managers since they are on the same subnet?

2) Do I need 2 vlans on the ASA 5505 remote office side? One for data and one for voice?

3) Do I configure 2 dhcp scopes if the above is true?

4) How do I pass Vlan info across the VPN tunnel? A guy keeps telling me they need to be on same Vlan

5) If my routing for Ipsec says the network where the call manager is located is on other side of tunnel, how do I do this?

Please review attached drawing and THANKS!

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, if the vpn is done correctly, problem can be the dhp, you need to have option 150 with CM's address.

Anyway from yuor questions seems like you're not very very familiar with networking, could you give the job to a professional perhaps ?

Not all the professionals I know are like you, arrogant and assuming. You know nothing about my background. Seems I always have to ask simple questions on this forum because detailed questions don't get seen by the people who really know. Do you troll the forums to exercise your superiority with Voip? Voip I don't know, Routing, switching and vpn I know. All you had to say to me was option 150 and it was the answer I needed. Thanks Voip Guru!

Wow, these 6 lines of throw abuse and undue rage here make you the record keeper by far.

The level of free contribution to others is shown by my rating, check it out.

Of course that is the first and last time that I interact with you, certainly I do not envy the ones that have to daily.

Thanks for your free contributions Voip Guru - We couldn't do it without you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: