Views
Helpful
Replies

SSO/NSF with MPLS

fawad.alam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am testing Sup720 failover with 7600 IOS 12.2(33)SRD2. I am seeing issues of LDP disconnect and it is causing an outage of approximately 2 minutes. I have enabled BGP and OSPF for NSF. I have also enabled ldp graceful restart. The supervisor switchover is roughly 3 to 4 second but later on during the process of FIB rebuild I am experiencing two minutes outage.

Has anyone successfully configured SSO/NSF with MPLS with failover of 2 -4 seconds?

Would appreciate feedback!!

tx

1 Reply 1

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fawad,

I am not experienced in configuring the SSO/NSF with MPLS but have you tried to go through this document?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2s/feature/guide/fsldpgr.html

Personally, I would focus on testing whether the LDP neighbors recognize each other as graceful-restart-capable, perhaps even debugging the LDP graceful restart to see if it really takes place. There are also prerequisities for route processor and routing protocol configuration described in that document and referenced documents.

Best regards,

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card