cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any Reporting for Unity 4.2 Directory Handlers?

dlcharville
Level 4
Level 4

Have a customer requesting rebooting and/or stats on the usage of their Directory Handlers. I couldn't find anything in Web Administration or even the SQL database.

Thanks,

Dan

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

not sure what you mean by "rebooting and/or status" here.

For Unity Connection you can get a sense for how often callers are using name lookup handlers from the vw_CallActivity table in the reports database - it doesn't break it down by _which_ directory handlers are getting what traffic but instead how many times someone on a particular call accessed a name lookup handler (the "DirectoryHandler" column is a number in this case).

Unity doesn't have anything equivalent to this I don't think...

Sorry, I meant to type "reporting and/or stats".

There might be an equivalent table in Unity's database but just not sure where.

Thanks,

Dan

It doesn't look like it - Unity's report DB is very different from Connection's - most of the report data for Unity gets crunched from the log files - Connection reports are done exclusively from the reports database which is populated by the "harvester" process that keeps it filled.

Connection logs all conversation counts that are totaled up during the cours of a call (i.e. how many call handlers did they hit, how many name lookup handlers, how many iterviewers, how many times did they log in etc....) - and those counts get dumped to that call activity table just to characterize traffic patterns. So far as I know the Unity conversation does not keep track of this or if it does I have no idea where it gets logged - the reports tables have no repository for anything like this in Unity so it would be tucked in a log file somewhere.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: