Views
Helpful
Replies

7912 sip to sccp

leighcrawford1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello People,

I have a 7912 with a sip firmware. The phone is not registered with my CCM. I wish to reload the phone with sccp firmware.

What would be the easiest process to do this?

Cheers

Leigh

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It may be quite complicated.

Begine configuring it into CCM with the correct MAC address and latest FW that you will downloads from CCO.

If that doesn't work, there are further steps that you can take.

I cannot get the phone to register with CCM. What other steps could I take to return the phone SCCP?

Leigh

Do you have CCO download access ? You need to download "7912 utilities". In there there is an application that let you generate gkdefault.bin (or something like that).

You load this file and the image itself on a PC with the free TFTPD32.EXE, when the phone boots it looks for that and re-flashes.

It can definitely be done, just be prepared to spend some time about.

I have downloaded the 7912 utilities but I am having trouble creating a gkdefault.cfg file to return the phone back to a SCCP firmware version.

Does anyone have a guide on this?

Cheers

Leigh

What problems do you have, did you made the .txt file and converted to .bin ?

There is a cisco manual for that process aslo.

Thanks for your help

I have returned the phone to SCCP firmware.

I also had to reset the TFTP service on my CCM as it was not providing the config correctly.

Cheers

Leigh

You're welcome, please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

i gt cco account... but

which one shld i d/l ? i can't find it

pls advice... Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: