cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When we shuold expect for CUCM version 8?

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

Does any body know when would be released new version of CUCM?

3 Replies 3

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

If I'm not wrong, the UC version 7 (i.e. CUCM, CUCX, Unity, IPCC or CUCC et al) was to bring all the different versions to the same train (version 7.0) and I do lookforward for atleast next 2 - 5 years to have all of them move on version 7.x (e.g. CUCM 7.1) unless something dramatically changes, I hope they wont come up with version 8.x and Cisco 6500 Switch is one of the best examples of this!

By the way, for any customer, the any new version (7.x to 8.x) would mean a complete overhaul (atleast psychologically/marketing wise) and we are just coming out from a major recession across the globe, so IMHO, if CSCO comes up with a new version train then it will position negetively among customers and the support giuys like me (who have spent some good time bringing up to 7.0 from 5.x)

Hope thats not too cumbersome, however its my 2 cents, wonder what does Cisco has to say about it.

Any comments, almamater?

Regards

Wilson Samuel

PS: Please rate if you even had enjoyed reading through all my lines :-)

Hi Wilson/Alexander,

I did enjoy reading your post Wilson (+5 points for this good work!)

The release of the Unified Communications 8.x is likely to happen in the 1st quarter of 2010. The EFT (Early Field Trials) for 8.x are starting up as we speak and they usually run 3-4 months. Once they are complete you can expect the FCS (First Customer Ship) of this new train. have a look at Laura's recent announcement;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cd4091d

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob and really appreciate your points!!

Btw, I'm really surprised if the only major difference is virtualization (to me at least) why not make it 7.5? Why bother the customers and esp. the support guys with a new version whole together?

Anyways, I commented this on Lauar's post and hope that she will respond what CSCO thinks about this version change aspect.

Finally, I'm also giving you 5 points as it did open my eyes.. a little bit more..

Regards

Wilson Samuel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: