cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call transfer in remote location fails randomly.

vinayjaiswal
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We have a remote location where the call transfer fails very frequently.We have opened a TAC case too they say we need more MTP resources but I have enough software resources to support the calls, I have multiple remote site in the same cluster but we are facing issue only in one remote site.

All inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinay

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you challenge the TAC to provide a test that would prove you have insufficient resources ?

Remember, when you're given unsatisfactory answers, you can always ask the case to be re-opened, transferred to another engineer, or escalated.

thanks a lot, I have raised the severity of the call and the got the assurance the problem would be resolved ASAP.thanks again for your response.

sshams007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vinay,

Well would like to understand which codec do you use for the remote site(Remote site which has a problem).

My understanding is S/W MTP's does only HBR(G.711) to HBR(G.711)(High Bit Rate) Conversion. LBR(G.729) to LBR(G.729)(Low Bit Rate) needs S/W based IOS MTP which can be configured on an ISR Router.

If you are using G.729 for the remote site and if the originating Endpoint also is on G.729 then you should consider configuring the S/W based IOS MTP.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: