cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice mail activation timings

aktarmumin
Level 1
Level 1

i am using Cisco unity version 3.1 my receptionists on the main business line has asked me whether we can delay the VM activation from 15 secs to 30 secs , so for example at the moment when some one calls after 15 secs the Voicmail kicks in and should like that to happen after 30 secs.

how do i make that change for only that particular user/extension number and the whole network ?

iam using call manger version 6.1.2.1000-13

please advise

thank you

Aktar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Aktar,

No worries my friend :)

Once you login go to;

Device> Phone> Search for the Direcory number in question (so if the Main line is 5555 > Find device where Directory number is 5555) click on the phone that comes up> The Phone configuration page will now be showing> Then click on the number 5555 and the Directory Number Configuration page for 5555 will pop up> then look down the page for No Answer Ring Duration = x (where x is the number of seconds before Forwarding to Voicemail). > change this setting to 30 seconds

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Aktar,

***This can be changed on a per Device basis on the Phone configuration page> Directory Number Configuration> via No Answer Ring Duration = x (where x is the number of seconds before Forwarding to Voicemail).

Hope this helps!

Rob

sorry i am new in to CM admin, i am using Cisco Unified CM administration version 6.1.2 , once i log on can you please direct where i go ?

thank you

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Aktar,

Sorry, missed the System-wide question :)

Here is the way to change this number of Rings before Forwarding to Unity, "System Wide" :)

Go to Cisco CallManager System Parameters from the Cisco CallManager Administration page. Select Service > Service Parameters.

Select the server to be your IP address and the service to be Cisco CallManager from the drop-down list.

Select Forward No Answer Timer (sec) from the list.

In the Value field, insert the timeout that you would like to configure (the time must be inserted in seconds). The default is 12.

Click Update on the top of the page.

Note: You do not need to restart the Cisco CallManager service to implement the changes.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080111c18.shtml#solution3

Hope this helps!

Rob

no iam sorry rob

my mistake i do not want to make system wide , just for that particular phone which is the business main line ?

NOT system wide

thank you and i am sorry for the confusion

Hey Aktar,

No worries my friend :)

Once you login go to;

Device> Phone> Search for the Direcory number in question (so if the Main line is 5555 > Find device where Directory number is 5555) click on the phone that comes up> The Phone configuration page will now be showing> Then click on the number 5555 and the Directory Number Configuration page for 5555 will pop up> then look down the page for No Answer Ring Duration = x (where x is the number of seconds before Forwarding to Voicemail). > change this setting to 30 seconds

Hope this helps!

Rob

thank you so much Rob, i have done my first ever admin task with cisco , it was spot on and resolved my issues.

thank you again :)

Nice work Aktar! Now you have at least one happy user :)

Cheers!

Rob