cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to change inside hosts from 10 to 50 users pix 501

dbellamkonda
Level 1
Level 1

we need to get inside hosts increased to 50 + or unlimited,, am not able to do it from

cisco .com

can u help me out with a link to do that

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The difficulty is, Cisco no longer supports the 501--too bad too; so I don't think you can buy an upgrade to the inside hosts. In fact, I'm not sure the 501 ever supported more than 10 inside hosts. But, if it did (and I frankly do not remember--I have 2 501s w/ 10 inside host licenses sitting here that I haven't gotten around to doing anything with). You might find something on eBay: what you'd be looking for would be a 501 that comes with a license for more inside hosts.

HTH.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kwillacey
Level 3
Level 3

you will require a license or an activation key for that which is something you will have to purchase.

The difficulty is, Cisco no longer supports the 501--too bad too; so I don't think you can buy an upgrade to the inside hosts. In fact, I'm not sure the 501 ever supported more than 10 inside hosts. But, if it did (and I frankly do not remember--I have 2 501s w/ 10 inside host licenses sitting here that I haven't gotten around to doing anything with). You might find something on eBay: what you'd be looking for would be a 501 that comes with a license for more inside hosts.

HTH.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card