cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to change inside hosts from 10 to 50 users pix 501

dbellamkonda
Level 1
Level 1

we need to get inside hosts increased to 50 + or unlimited,, am not able to do it from

cisco .com

can u help me out with a link to do that

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The difficulty is, Cisco no longer supports the 501--too bad too; so I don't think you can buy an upgrade to the inside hosts. In fact, I'm not sure the 501 ever supported more than 10 inside hosts. But, if it did (and I frankly do not remember--I have 2 501s w/ 10 inside host licenses sitting here that I haven't gotten around to doing anything with). You might find something on eBay: what you'd be looking for would be a 501 that comes with a license for more inside hosts.

HTH.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kwillacey
Level 3
Level 3

you will require a license or an activation key for that which is something you will have to purchase.

The difficulty is, Cisco no longer supports the 501--too bad too; so I don't think you can buy an upgrade to the inside hosts. In fact, I'm not sure the 501 ever supported more than 10 inside hosts. But, if it did (and I frankly do not remember--I have 2 501s w/ 10 inside host licenses sitting here that I haven't gotten around to doing anything with). You might find something on eBay: what you'd be looking for would be a 501 that comes with a license for more inside hosts.

HTH.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card